Choqok (pronounced: tʃœˈʁʊk) is a Free/Open Source micro-blogging client by the KDE community.
The name comes from an ancient Persian word, means Sparrow!
Currently supports Twitter.com, GNU Social (formely known as StatusNet), Pump.io (formerly known as Identi.ca), Friendica and Open Collaboration Services (used by OpenDesktop.org).
It currently features:
- Supporting Twitter.com micro-blogging service.
- Supporting self hosted Pump.IO micro-blogging service.
- Supporting self hosted GNU Social websites. (by using their Twitter compatible API)
- Supporting self hosted Friendica websites. (by using their GNU Social compatible API)
- Supporting Open Collaboration Services API.
- Supporting Friends, @Reply, Favorite and Public time-lines.
- Support for send and receive direct messages.
- Official Repeat/ReTweet functions.
- Supporting Multiple Accounts simultaneously.
- Supporting search APIs for Twitter and StatusNet services.
- Support for Twitter lists.
- KWallet integration.
- Ability to make a quick tweet/dent with global shortcuts. (Ctrl+Meta+T)
- Ability to notify user about new statuses arriving.
- Flickr, ImageShack, Twitpic, Twitgoo, Mobypicture and Posterous photo uploading
- Support for shortening urls with more than 30 characters.+shorten on paste, With more than 10 shortening services
- Posts (Statuses) list appearance configuration.
- Filtering supported to hide unwanted posts.
- Setting your last post as your current status message in IM clients (Kopete, Pidgin, Psi, Skype)
- Preview Images from Twitter, Twitpic, YFrog, img.ly, plixi, Twitgoo, TweetPhoto and etc. services.
- Preview Videos from YouTube and Vimeo services.
- Send Now Listening text. (Many of favorite players such as Amarok, Exaile, Banshee, Rhythmbox and VLC supported)
- Expand short Urls.
- Proxy support.
This project is licensed under the GNU GPL v3 license.