We are happy to announce a new upcoming release for Choqok after more than one year and half.
We want to make this release more stable than ever and then we are going to release a beta today and the final version next month.
Big news about this release is that Choqok is now based on KDE Frameworks 5 and we officially support Friendica.
Changes for this release:
- Rename StatusNet microblog as GNU Social
- Twitter: fix user lists loading
- Twitter: allow to select any follower when sending a direct message
- Twitter: fix searches by username
- Twitter: fix searches by hashtag
- Twitter: show original retweet time
- Twitter: fix external URL to access direct messages and tweets
- Twitter: send direct message without text limits
- Twitter: support to send and view tweets with quoted text
- Twitter: allow to delete direct messages
- GNU Social: fix medium attachment to post
- GNU Social: allow to send direct messages
- Fix removal of accounts with spaces in their names
- Fixed the bug that overwrite an account if you use the same alias of another
- Always use HTTPS when available
- ImageView: dropped Twitpic and Tweetphoto support (services are dead)
- A couple of segmentation fault fixes
I should thank Mehrdad Momeny, Andrea Scarpino, Ignacio R. Morelle, Ian Schwarz, Gilbert Assaf for their contributions to keep the Choqok up.
And here you can find a longer list of bugs fixed in this release.
Download Choqok 1.6 Beta 2
You can download Choqok 1.6 Beta 2 source code package from here. For Kubuntu users I think Adilson will update his PPA.
Note that qoauth-qt5 is required! Choqok cannot run with qoauth-qt4 anymore.
You can always support Choqok development via reporting bugs, translating it, promoting it, helping in code and donating money.