Long time no see, Choqok users!
First of all Choqok has a new and shiny website. Kudos to Carl Schwan for taking care of the theme!
To me, version 1.7.0 was meant to be released more than one year ago, while I just released it today.
The main reason of the delay (a part from lack of time) is because I wanted 1.7.0 to be bullet proof (spoiler: it’s not).
I wanted Choqok 1.7.0 to have full Mastodon support, proper media attachments and a lot more.
Let’s try to start somewhere. With this version I want to close a Choqok era and prepare us for the next one. Stay tuned!
Changes for this release:
- Port to QtNetworkAuth and drop qoauth dependency
- Allow to disable accounts
- Honour the default font #372291
- Make the sign footer consisent between all microplugins
- Unread post count in the application title sums all unread posts’ accounts
- Twitter: update char limit to 280
- Twitter: support extended tweets #370260
- Twitter: fix list browsing #382392
- Twitter: fix followers list
- Twitter: show client source even for private messages
- Twitter: show user’ real name when no description is set
- GNU Social: do not rely over qvitter to get the post url
- GNU Social: hide linkback statuses
- GNU Social: show user’ real name when no description is set
- Pump.io: escape the description
- Pump.io: show user’ real name when no description is set
- Drop yFrog support from ImagePreview plugin
- Plugin compability break: MicroBlog::profileUrl returns a QUrl instead
- Plugin compability break: MicroBlog::postUrl returns a QUrl instead
Thank to (random order): Andrea Scarpino, Nicolas Fella, Luca Beltrame, Luigi Toscano, Pino Toscano, Heiko Becker, Andreas Sturmlechner, Yuri Chornoivan for their contributions to keep Choqok up.
And here you can find a longer list of bugs fixed in this release.
Download Choqok 1.7
You can download Choqok 1.7 source code package from here. For Kubuntu users I think Adilson will update his PPA.
You can always support Choqok development via reporting bugs, translating it, promoting it, helping in code and donating money.